Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another day in lab~ What do you want in life?

Hmm.. another long day in lab again.. though i will only be in school for 2-3hrs because i only need to run a gel.. but in the end.. it took me about 6 hours.. spend a few hours trying to concentrate my proteins.. wonder how my protein gel will look like tomorrow... hopefully the bands will be intense enough for me to do mass spec.. and also.. that the 3 supernatants have about the same intensity. in that case, i will need to worry much anymore..

Only about 1.5 months before the end of honours.. suprisingly, i am not as panicked and worried as i thought i will be.. still kind of slow in doing things.. though sometime i feel the heat that I am only left with 1.5months but most of the time, i put it behind me.. think i really mean what i say - there are more important things in life than just a honours..

I understand that pursuing for good grades in studies are very important, but then, at the end of the day, what do you really get? Are you really happy? Does getting a A or a B really change your life drastically? Seriously.. i don't think that grades or even a doctorate or so are that important anymore.. It may make my life smoother.. but not necessary better..it also depends what i want in life.. To me, people around me are more important.. so i guess that should be my main focus.. of course, do my best in my work too =) Having said this, it doesn't mean that i can forget about all my work because that it is not the main focus! It is just that i had learn to let go even more...

Weisheng says that i am very different after the trip back from Singapore.. I wonder if i really changed that much.. He said that i am a happier person.. and maybe by letting more things go.. i am happier? seriously, i do not even know the truth.. i do not even understand myself now..

No comments: